Friday, October 25, 2013

cancerschmancer - you'll get through this

my heart is troubled.
my hands shake.
my knees are weak.
my mind is cluttered.
my heart is overwhelmed.

the Word of God goes through my mind. it's true. it's living. it breathes life and give strength.

take every thought captive.
think on whatsoever things are true.
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
You work all things together for good.
He who began a good work will complete it.
I will never leave you nor forsake you.
I love you with an everlasting love.
I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.
He is the Lord, let Him do what is right in His eyes.
You alone are God.
You do great and mighty things.
remember the marvelous works which He has done.

today the tumor board will review the case.
they want to meet my beloved before they look over the files and discuss the case.
we'll leave while they talk about us.
then they'll ask us back in and tell us their recommendation.

"you'll get through this.
it won't be painless.
it won't be quick.
but God will use this mess for good.
don't be foolish or naive.
but don't despair either.
with God's help, you'll get through this." ~ max lucado

No comments: